Wednesday 25 July 2007

Dan France Dan

Dan is in France, I'm not sure where, but somewhere swilling about in there is he.

I, Jamie, have been staying at my mother's home in Bakewell, watching the rain falling down. I emigrated from our new house in Sheffield, for lovely as it is, i am not very good at entertaining myself without the internet. I had one day where i watched TV, played on the playstation, watched a DVD, danced around in my room, shaved my head, did work on my laptop and baked cookies and i was still stupefyingly bored. The flood waters forbade me from leaving the house for any long period of time.

I did, however, manage to squeeze in two trips to the glorious CINEWORLD, which enlightened my head like a blazing coronet. The first was with Phoebe and her sister Timna, to see Harry Potter, a la tram. TRAMMMMM. i love the tram. £2.70? thank you, yes, lets go! the windswept and wet scenery streaked by us like a streaker who was wet. BUT we got there and lo and behold the place was heeeeving. When me and the Dan have gone before, it had been deserted (that was day time and term time though). It was busy as a motherfucker, and we couldn't get into HP: OotP, but we consoled ourselves by seeing Shrek 3 which wasn't as bad as i thought.

Do you know what it's like to sit in a cinema with two bars of chocolate, cinnamon grahams, fruit bonbons and a tray of Baklava on your knee?

It is wicked, thats what its like, although sickliness and food-shame go hand in hand on this one.



Baklava, yes.

And then on Sunday, Ryan, who i had been bugging to come to cinema with me, finally succomed and gave me a lift in his Shiny red new car (she is called Scarlet) to see Harry Potter with him and his teddy bear Tomas. That's meant to be a funny way of describing Tom, he's not actually just a toy.

So we sat down, though it was busy, we got in, and drank up with our eyes and sopped up with our ears all the sticky jazz that eminated from the screen. Very good, i thought!

But i have abandoned all other pursuits in my dedication towards my new beau, Mike Nelson of tv's Mystery Science Theater 3000. This has become my favourite show, it is funnier than anything i have seen! And Mike's a bit of alright as well, and actually, i don't mind Joel either. Maybe this is the heights/depths of my desperation. oh well cop an eyeful



No comments: