Saturday 31 May 2008

Indiana Jones and the Natwest Cup of Asset Retrival

The new Indiana Jones film is stupid. This is a topical pop culture post (next week Sex and the City!). Shia LaBoeuf however has a pompadour and a sweaty neck in it and i love those two things. The plot has so many holes i threw the film over my shoulders and head and walked into 19th Century Romania and everyone just thought I was an old lady with a tattered shawl on and they didn't even question it or anything.

Before the film we went to old orleans restaurant, me oh my if it isn't the most louisianaish (that word sounds lebanese now) place in the world. I appreciated it greatly. A nice boy called James served us and broke the barrier between waiter and customer by asking us what film we were going to see. I was a little nice moment of humanity where he laughed at our jokes and then went and got our drinks. I would like another moment of humanity with him, preferably one where something goes inside someone.

I thought how nice it would be to have a boyfriend who works in old orleans, out in Valley Centertainment, the most enchanting place in Sheffield. You could go 'Oh where are you going James?' and he say 'Oh, to work' and you'd nod with a big smile and say 'nice'.

No comments: